How to Setup Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for Microsoft Office 365
1. Launch your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and go to https://aka.ms/MFASetup
2. Enter your email address and password
3. When prompted for more information required click Next
4. On the Additional security verification screen, enter your cell phone number and select “Send me a code by text message” and click Next
5. You will get a code on your phone. Enter the code in the verification box and click Verify.
6. Once verified it will generate an app password. Save this information to be used to setup Outlook.
If you close and open Outlook it will prompt you for the code in step 6. If Outlook fails to accept the code, you may need to regenerate the app password. Please see instructions here for instructions on how to generate application password (https://allianceta.com/how-to-generate-application-password-microsoft-office-365-mfa/)