How to Generate Application Password (Microsoft Office 365 MFA)
Some applications such as Outlook, Apple Mail, and Microsoft Office will require the use of an app password in place of your account password when you enable multi-factor authentication for your email. To generate an application password follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://portal.office.com/account/#security
2. Enter your email address and password
3. Click Security and Privacy > Additional Security Verification > Create and manage app passwords
4. Click Create and give it a name
5. Record and retain the app password then click close
This code is used in lieu of your regular email password for Outlook. Apple Mail, etc.